We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use information that we collect to process and despatch your order or to let you know of exciting new products in the range as they become available. You of course will be provided with the option to not receive such communications.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Credit/debit card details will only be 'live' during the actual transaction. Upon completion and authorisation these numbers will be deleted. For your peace of mind and security you will be required to re key these numbers on any subsequent orders.
The information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy. We are registered as a data holder with the data protection agency and only use your information to process your orders.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- If you have created an account you will be able to access your account and view details of any completed or pending orders as any time using your customer login details. If you have checked out as a guest we can send you details of your order by e-mail upon request.
- We store all order details securely and they are never passed to any third parties and are only ever used for purposes of processing your order and for your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 1 Marshbrook Business Park, Marshbrook, Church Stretton, Shropshire SY6 6QE.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
|__utma||This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to your site from that web browser. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits your site, a new __utma cookie is written with a different unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to your site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.|
|__utmb||This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with your site. When a user views a page on your site, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time a user visits a different page on your site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as user activity continues within 30-minute intervals. This cookie expires when a user pauses on a page on your site for longer than 30 minutes.|
|__utmc||This cookie is no longer used by the Google Analytics (ga.js) tracking code to determine session status.|
|__utmz||This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach your site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within your own site. The cookie is updated with each page view to your site.|
Cookies do not hold personal information about you, such as your credit card details, your name or your address. They recognise the individual computer, tablet or mobile phone through a secure token, but not you.
To be able to make purchases on any website you need to have cookies enabled on your Internet browser, without them the website is not able to ‘ remember’ what goods you have in your basket and so is not able to securely proceed with the transaction
However, there are changes to European legislation that require a greater public understanding of how we use cookie data , we are currently in the process of redesigning our website to further enhance the customer experience and all new legislation will be taken into account on the new website.
We recommend that to continue to enjoy the full functionality of our website that you continue to allow us to employ cookies – most web browsers today come with cookies enabled, but if you choose to disable cookies please follow the instructions below to make the necessary changes on your browser. You should then still be able to navigate most of our site but you will not be able to use most of its functionality and to purchase – we are though more than happy to take your order over the phone – 01694 781313 if you wish.
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button
- Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet options' , then click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Then select the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security', check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
- Click 'Save'
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
- Click on 'Explorer' at the top of your browser window and select 'Preferences' options
- Scroll down until you see 'Cookies' under Receiving Files
- Select the 'Never Ask' option
Safari on OSX
Click on 'Safari' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
- Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
- Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Scroll down until you see cookies under 'Privacy & Security'
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
- Click on 'Menu' at the top of your browser window and select 'Settings'
- Then select 'Preferences', select the 'Advanced' tab
- Then select 'Accept cookies' option