Wood’s of Shropshire Ltd
We are a family owned; wholly independent online trader based in Shropshire and has been trading online since 2002. We are registered as data controllers with the Information Commissioners office and our registration document can be viewed by clicking the below link
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use information that we collect to process and dispatch your order or to let you know of exciting new products in the range as they become available. We will use anonymized data to improve the way the website works for you and for other users in the future. We will collect anonymized historical data relating site visits with a view to improving the customer experience in the future.
What we collect
We collect the following information:
- Contact information, including email address
- Delivery address
- Payment Address
- Demographic information such as postcode
- IP Address
Credit/debit card details are encrypted at all times will only be 'live' during the actual transaction. If you choose to check out as a guest for peace of mind and security you will be required to re key these numbers on any subsequent orders. If you choose to create an account, you can choose to save your card details for future use and the encrypted details will be kept secure by our secure payment service provider Sagepay – we do not hold any credit card details.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect, see the List of cookies we collect section.
Why is it collected?
- We need your name and contact information in order to be able to keep you updated as to the progress of your order , and to be able to inform you of any exceptional circumstances , such as delayed delivery or any other issue with the goods ordered.
- We need your delivery address in order to be able to deliver your goods to the desired delivery address; this information will be passed to the carrier of the goods in order to be able to facilitate the delivery.
- We need payment address, postcode and IP address in order to be able to verify your payment and to enable us to charge your card
What we do with the information we gather
Woods of Shropshire Ltd are registered as data controllers with the Information Commissioners office and our registration document can be viewed by clicking the below link:
Data collected will be used to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To enable us to deliver the goods that you have ordered to the relevant address
- To enable us to check on items you have previously ordered and corresponding delivery details should you request us to.
- To Verify your payment and effect the method of payment you have selected
- To Refund you if you choose to return or exchange goods
- We are required by law to retain accounts information on behalf of Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, as such data collected at the point of order may contain information that we may be required to share with them.
- We may use anonymized data to see how you interacted with the website and this will be used to try to identify issues with the website that may be causing you problems with transactions. This data may be used to fix these problems in future visits.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We use several tools to view how people have historically viewed our site with a view to improving the customers experience and making the website work properly. Rather like a shop owner who will observe his customers behavior in their store, and will then endeavor to improve the environment to encourage return visits; these tools allow us to do much the same in an online world. All tools that we use are compliant with your rights as an individual and our rights as a data controller carrying out its business in a legitimate manner.
If you would like information about how we use your data analytically we would be happy to discuss this with you. We will be happy to discuss anything that does not affect our competitive advantage. Please contact us by phone on
Automation and Profiling:
We employ a very ‘hands on’ and human approach to analysis of data, we may use automation to speed up the process of analysis but the actual analysis is on a very human level and carried out to maintain and improve customer service, and to be able to see what our customers like and would like to see more of, or what they don’t like and don’t want to see any more. To this end we do what retailers have done since time in memorial, but in the fast moving world of E – commerce.
Good examples of how we analyze data would be examining what products sell well during hot or cold weather, and checking if there are any regional, geographic differences.
Your rights to access and rectification
If you are concerned about your personal data, you have the right to request access to the personal data which we may hold or process about you. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies or remove your data free of charge. If such a request is deemed to be onerous and extraordinary in some way we reserve the right to make a realistic charge to cover costs.
For additional methods to contact us, please visit our contact page.
If you feel that we have not complied with your request satisfactorily please contact the Information Commissioners Office direct , their website can be accessed by clicking the below link: https://ico.org.uk/
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- There is a clear box provided at the check out to allow you to indicate that you are happy for us to use information you have provided to send you updates of a promotional or informative nature.
- We do not share data provided to us with any third party for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by logging into your account (if you have created one). If you checked out as a guest , we’ll be happy to change your preference if you want to e-mail us on email@example.com , or by ringing 01694 781313
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Our website is not targeted at the under 16’s but we understand that some might use it to make purchases as presents or to purchase some quality merchandise for a special occasion. We will therefore need to collect data relevant to delivery, payment and communication. All data can be deleted upon request after the completion of the transaction , but all information will need to be provided again for any future transaction.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our security policy is designed to safeguard the confidentiality and privacy of all personal data we handle.
This covers all areas of data collection, management, processing and payments, ensuring against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction
- Where appropriate data is stored on secured servers
- Where relevant, data is encrypted and password protected
- Access to data is limited to authorised personnel
- Where data transfer is necessary for third party agreements, data is passed through secure portals managed and bound by our vetted procedures.
All information held onsite at our offices in Marshbrook is protected behind a physical, firewall that is monitored 24 hours a day and updated regularly to provide the highest levels of security.
We are fully PCI compliant and undergo regular scans to maintain this compliance, meaning that your card details, although never visible to us, are handled in the most secure environment available.
For alternative dispute resolution click here
- Charles Wood